Browsing Czasopisma naukowe KUL / Scientific journals of the Catholic University of Lublin by Title
Now showing 1 - 20 of 2305
Results Per Page
- Item25 lat komputeryzacji bibliotek kościelnych w Polsce – dorobek federacji FIDES(Wydawnictwo KUL, 2016) Witczak, JerzyThis article outlines the origins of the Federation of Church Libraries FIDES with particular emphasis on the purpose for which it was created, i.e. the computerization of libraries and bibliographic information. Then the work presents the implementation of the main objective of the federation within 25 years of its existence. Finally, it focuses on the current state of work on the computerization of church library catalogues in Poland.
- Item30 lat dobra wspólnego. Referat wygłoszony na Krajowym Sympozjum Delegatów Diecezjalnych “Sovvenire” nt. Partecipazione e corresponsabilità dei fedeli a sostegno di una Chiesa in uscita, Venezia Mestre, 7-9 maja 2018 r.(Wydawnictwo KUL, 2018) Feliciani, GiorgioNiniejsze opracowanie stanowi próbę oceny 30 lat funkcjonowania włoskiego systemu finansowania Kościoła Katolickiego, z którego korzystają obecnie również inne związki wyznaniowe. Odwołując się do dostępnych danych Autor dochodzi do wniosku, że składające się na ten system rozwiązania – pomimo różnych szczegółowych zastrzeżeń – znacząco przyczyniły się nie tylko do stworzenia właściwych warunków realizacji wolności religijnej, ale i na przykład do demokratyzacji systemu podatkowego. Pozwoliły też Kościołowi na podjęcie wielu istotnych inicjatyw społecznych, opiekuńczych i kulturalnych z korzyścią dla włoskiego społeczeństwa i ludności państw Trzeciego Świata. Doświadczenia te bez wątpienia mogą być postrzegane w kategoriach zdrowej współpracy (sana cooperatio), której tak bardzo życzył sobie Sobór Watykański II i do której Republika Włoska oraz Stolica Apostolska wzajemnie się zobowiązały w Umowie z 1984 r. Omawiany system finansowania wymaga jednak stałej promocji, która powinna uwzględniać przede wszystkim odwołania do Kościoła jako wspólnoty, której wszyscy członkowie – równi w godności – dzielą odpowiedzialność za dobro wspólne.
- Item50 lat Konwencji wiedeńskiej o prawie traktatów w świetle polskiej praktyki traktatowej. Ogólnopolska Konferencja Naukowa, Warszawa, 23 maja 2019 r.(Wydawnictwo KUL, 2019-06-30) Szczepkowski, Jakub
- ItemA ban on contact with a minor child in the presence of third parties. Considerations from the perspective of family law case-law(Wydawnictwo KUL, 2020) Tanajewska, RenataIt seems that the institution of marriage is experiencing a crisis of trust. As a consequence of the lack of agreement between spouses, the welfare of underage children is suffering. Instead of being the center of attention, they become a part of a marital or post-marital skirmish. The purpose of this publication is to depict the legal situation of minor children in the exercise of parental authority, with particular emphasis on the exercise of contacts with parents. An additional objective is to draw attention to the fact that the child, whose welfare should be a priority in any proceedings, is repeatedly violated, first and foremost by those responsible for his or her protection, namely the parents. According to the research thesis put forward herein, a minor child of the parties to divorce proceedings becomes an element of the procedural game both for the duration of such proceedings as well as later – until the child reaches majority.
- ItemA Book for the King. Some Reflections on the Situation of the Roman Population and the Preservation of the Heritage of Ancient Civilization in Gallaecia and Lusitania in the 5th and 6th Centuries(Wydawnictwo KUL, 2022) Wilczyński, MarekSaint Martin of Braga, active in Gallaecia in the second half of the 6th century, referred to cardinal virtues in several of his writings, in accordance with the teachings of Seneca that he knew well. One of these works was Formula vitae honestae, given to Miro, king of Suebi and Gallaecia. The existence of Roman and “barbarian” elites in the kingdom of Suebi, capable of understanding the moral teachings of St. Martin of Braga in the 6th century, prompts reflection on the continuity of Roman culture and heritage of ancient civilisation in 160 years after the invasion of Hispania by Germanic tribes. The article contains some remarks on the preservation of Roman civilisation among the Roman elites in the times of the existence and development of the kingdom of Suebi , and on the processes of romanization of the tribal elites. The problem of the assimilation of the local population and Germanic newcomers, which was very interesting and specific to Gallaecia under the reign of Suebi, was also discussed.
- ItemA century of codification of the cooperative law in Poland(Wydawnictwo KUL, 2022) Pietrzykowski, KrzysztofThis article aims to present the evolution of Polish cooperative law, primarily using the historical method. The Act on cooperatives was passed on 29 October 1920 and entered into force on 1 January 1921. Its provisions concerning the auditing of cooperatives, audit associations and the Cooperative Council were substantially amended by the Act of 13 March 1934, which began the process of subordinating cooperatives and audit associations to state authorities. Further changes, which increased this subordination to an even greater extent, were introduced after the Second World War and led to the outright nationalisation of Polish cooperatives. The Act on cooperatives was repealed by the Act of 17 February 1961 on cooperatives and their associations. In turn, the Act on cooperatives and their associations was repealed by the Act of 16 September 1982 – Cooperative Law, which saw several amendments. The provisions of the Cooperative Law were amended by the Act of 7 July 1994 amending the Cooperative Law and certain other acts. The Act of 3 June 2005 amending the Act on Housing Cooperatives and certain other acts introduced significant changes to the Cooperative Law as well.
- ItemA Critical Edition and Philological Analysis of the First Chapter of Deutero-Isaiah (Isa 40) on the Basis of the Coptic Manuscript sa 52 (M 568) in Light of Other Coptic Manuscripts Written in the Sahidic Dialect and the Greek Text of the Septuagint(Wydawnictwo KUL, 2019) Bąk, Tomasz BartłomiejThe article presents a critical edition and philological analysis of the first chapter of Deutero-Isaiah worked out on the basis of the Coptic manuscript sa 52.2 and other manuscripts written in the Sahidic dialect. It consists of several parts: 1) general information on the fragment of codex sa 52 containing the text of Isa 40:2), a list and brief characteristics of the remaining witnesses containing at least some verses of the first chapter of Deutero-Isaiah, 3) a presentation of the Sahidic text of Isa 40:4) its translation into English, 5) tables showing linguistic differences between the text of the LXX and its Coptic rendering, and 6) an explanation of the philological problems of the first chapter of Deutero-Isaiah. Of special attention are undoubtedly verses 6, 7 and 8, occurring only in sa 52.2 and have never been published.
- ItemA Critical Edition and Philological Analysis of the Second Chapter of Deutero-Isaiah (Isa 41) on the Basis of the Coptic Manuscript sa 52 (M 568) in Light of Other Coptic Manuscripts Written in the Sahidic Dialect and the Greek Text of the Septuagint(Wydawnictwo KUL, 2019) Bąk, Tomasz BartłomiejThe paper contains a critical edition and philological analysis of the second chapter of Deutero-Isaiah worked out on the basis of the Coptic manuscript sa 52.2 and other available manuscripts written in the Sahidic dialect. Firstly, it presents general information on the fragment of codex sa 52 containing the text of Isa 41. It is followed by a list of brief characteristics of the remaining witnesses that include at least some verses of the second chapter of Deutero-Isaiah. The most important part is a presentation of the Sahidic text of Isa 41, its translation into English and tables of linguistic differences between the text of the LXX and its Coptic rendering. The last part explains difficult philological questions observed in the Coptic text. The focus will be on Isa 41:11-27 since they appear only in manuscript 52.2 and have not been published so far.
- ItemA Critical Edition and Philological Analysis of the Text of Isa 42:1–44:5 on the Basis of the Coptic Manuscript sa 52 (M 568) and Other Coptic Manuscripts Written in the Sahidic Dialect of Coptic and the Greek Text of the Septuagint(Wydawnictwo KUL, 2020) Bąk, Tomasz BartłomiejThis paper provides a critical edition and philological analysis of Isa 42:1–44:5, which were worked out on the basis of the Coptic manuscript sa 52.2 and other available manuscripts of the Sahidic dialect. The first part presents general information on the fragment of codex sa 52 (M 568) that includes the discussed text. The next part gives a list and brief characteristics of the other manuscripts containing at least some verses of Isa 42:1–44:5. The focal section of the paper is a presentation of the Sahidic text and its translation into English. The differences between the Sahidic text and the Septuagint, on which the Coptic translation is based, have been presented in tables. They include additions and omissions in the Coptic translation, lexical changes and semantic differences. Finally, the paper examines difficult philological questions observed in the Coptic text. Of special attention are the verses of Isa 42:1–44:5, which occur only in manuscript sa 52.2, and so far have not been published.
- ItemA Critical Edition and Philological Analysis of the Text of Isa 44:6–45:25 Based on the Coptic Manuscript sa 52 (M 568), Other Manuscripts Written in the Sahidic Coptic Dialect, and on the Greek Text of the Septuagint(Wydawnictwo KUL, 2020) Bąk, Tomasz BartłomiejThis paper contains a critical edition and philological analysis of Isa 44:6–45:25, which were worked out primarily on the basis of the Coptic manuscript sa 52.2 and other available manuscripts of the Sahidic dialect. Particular attention is paid to these verses since they occur only in manuscript sa 52.2 and so far have never been published. The first part presents general information on the fragment of codex sa 52 (M 568) that includes the discussed text. The next part provides a list and brief characteristics of the other manuscripts containing at least some verses of Isa 44:6–45:25. The focal section of the paper is a presentation of the Coptic text (in the Sahidic dialect) and its translation into English. The differences between the Sahidic text and the Greek text of the Septuagint, on which the Coptic translation is based, have been pointed out in tables. They include additions and omissions in the Coptic translation, lexical changes, and semantic differences. Finally, the paper is devoted to difficult philological questions observed in the Coptic text itself or in its references to the Greek text of the LXX.
- ItemA Critical Edition and Philological Analysis of the Text of Isa 46–48 on the Basis of the Coptic Manuscript sa 52 (M 568) and other Coptic Manuscripts in the Sahidic Dialect and the Greek Text of the Septuagint(Wydawnictwo KUL, 2021) Bąk, Tomasz BartłomiejArtykuł stanowi edycję krytyczną i analizę filologiczną tekstu Isa 46-48, opracowaną w oparciu o koptyjski rękopis sa 52 oraz inne dostępne manuskrypty dialektu saidzkiego. W pierwszej części przedstawione zostały ogólne informacje na temat tego fragmentu kodeksu sa 52 (M 568), w którym znajduje się opracowywany tekst. Następnie podany został wykaz i krótka charakterystyka pozostałych rękopisów, zawierających przynajmniej niektóre wersety z Isa 46-48. Najważniejszą częścią artykułu jest prezentacja koptyjskiego tekstu (w dialekcie saidzkim), a także jego tłumaczenie na język angielski. Różnice, zauważone pomiędzy tekstem saidzkim i grecką Septuagintą, na której przekład koptyjski się opiera, zostały przedstawione w formie tabelarycznej. Obejmuje ona między innymi dodatki i opuszczenia w tłumaczeniu koptyjskim, zmiany leksykalne i różnice semantyczne. Ostatnia część artykułu poświęcona została trudniejszym kwestiom filologicznym, zaobserwowanym czy to w samym tekście koptyjskim, czy to w jego relacji do greckiego tekstu LXX. Na szczególną uwagę zasługują te wersety Isa 46-48, które występują jedynie w rękopisie sa 52.2 i do tej pory nie były nigdzie publikowane.
- ItemA Few Remarks About Challenges in Application of Restorative Justice: A Case Study of Bosnia and Herzegovina(Wydawnictwo KUL, 2022) Kazić-Çakar, Ena; Ćorović, RialdaRestorative justice is without any doubt one of the most important steps in the development of criminal law, which at the same time increased the level of humanity in the approach towards perpetrators and victims and managed to achieve the principle goals of criminal law. A few decades have passed since its idea and approach was borrowed from the traditional communities that among themselves applied it for centuries, and it was transformed into the new approach of justice offering many benefits to the community where it is established. Formally, it has been more than 20 years since Bosnia and Herzegovina embraced restorative justice within its criminal law. This paper aims to discuss how much de facto it has been applied in this country and to present results of interviews with representatives from legal theory and practice where they refer to restorative justice and its major challenges for application and propose mechanisms for overcoming existing difficulties. In this article, the authors use normative, descriptive scientific methods and statistics and interviews as tools for the collection of data.
- ItemA Few Remarks about the Lectionary after Fifty Years of Existence(Wydawnictwo KUL, 2022) Sławiński, HenrykThe aim of the paper is to present briefly first of all the history of the development of the Lectionary for the use in the Holy Mass, then to summarize the principal of the present lectionary and it’s ecumenical meaning, and more specifically it’s influence on the protestant lectionary. Based on these historical facts and the recent documents of the Holy See, the proposal of the partial renewal of the Sunday Lectionary will be discussed. The main method used in the study is the analysis of the historical sources, documents of the Holy See and theological studies. The critical analysis, and then comparative method will lead to synthetical presentation of postulates of the partial renewal of the present lectionary after fifty years of usage in the liturgy. The conclusion of the analysis provides the suggestions for the enrichment of the lectionary first of all, with the passages from the Old Testament read in their whole context, not only according to the harmonization with the text of the Gospel; secondly, with the thematic selection of the second reading compatible with the first reading, and the Gospel reading; thirdly, with the texts pointing out the role of women in the history of salvation.
- ItemA Gloss to the Judgment of the Appellate Court in Warsaw of 28 May 2013 (VI Aca 785/13)(Wydawnictwo KUL, 2022) Witczak, HannaIn the glossed judgement, the Appellate Court examined the possibility of declaring the respondent unworthy of succession should he have committed the offence of avoidance of the duty of maintenance of the testator (Article 209 PC) or the offence of abandonment of the testator (Article 210 PC). The court’s considerations were purely hypothetical, as in the course of the proceedings, it was not proven whether the heir had actually committed these offences. The court allowed the recognition of the heir as unworthy if he had committed the offence of persistent avoidance of the duty of maintenance, but only if it could be proven. The court’s position raises certain doubts. Any conduct that violates familial nexus, in particular, should be verified for the existence of grounds for exclusion from succession, since this bond, in the legal sense, has its source in the relationship of marriage, consanguinity, and affinity, and these determine the legal title to inheritance. In particular, it is not understandable why persistent failure to fulfil family obligations, even if it is not an offence that a civil tribunal could additionally qualify as serious, does not actually produce legal consequences for the parent if the other party to the family relationship is a minor. It seems that wherever we are confronted with malicious and intentional failure to perform family duties, it should be assumed, provided that the statutory criteria of this specific type of offence are met, that in abstracto a serious offence has taken place.
- ItemA Great Sign Appeared in the Sky . Audience-Oriented Criticism of Revelation 12:1-6(Wydawnictwo KUL, 2022) Blajer, PiotrRevelation 12:1-6 recounts two signs that appear in heaven. The first sign is a woman and the second one is a dragon with seven heads, ten horns and seven diadems on its seven heads. The somewhat unusual description of the two signs has its grand finale in 12:4-6 which tells about the interaction between the woman and the dragon, as well as her child. The dragon, aware that its power must last for only a short period, a symbolic ten days, tries to swallow the child to whom the woman is about to give birth. In this way, the dragon wants to thwart and frustrate God’s plan. The newborn child is caught up by God to his throne in heaven. The reference to the OT helps the audience to identify the newborn child as the Messiah who will shepherd all the nations. The presentation of the child’s mission to shepherd all the nations assures the audience that God’s plan will be realized. This vision assures the audience that God is almighty, and that he is the ‘hidden actor’ in the entire vision. The reader-oriented exegesis of the passage discloses how the audience respond to the author’s rhetorical arguments and presentation.
- ItemA new type of EU visa? The legal nature of a travel permit issued under the European Travel Information and Authorization System (ETIAS)(Wydawnictwo KUL, 2021) Cesarz, Maciej ZbigniewThe key purpose of ETIAS is the monitoring and selection of persons entering the EU and authorization of entry to its territory. The authors of this new large-scale database project underline clearly that the ETIAS permit is not a visa but should be more accurately referred to as a visa-waiver. However, as an electronic system dedicated to entry authorization linked to the traveler’s passport, ETIAS manages the movement across EU external borders of the citizens from 62 third countries, i.e., a population of about 1,4 billion people eligible for visa-free travel. The main aim of the article is to compare Schengen visas and travel authorization that will be issued under ETIAS regulation starting in 2022. The comparative analysis includes several arguments in favour of the thesis that travel decisions issued under the new ETIAS regime fit into the broad legal definition of visas, understood as authorization to enter the territory of the European Union.
- ItemA Noble Pity. ἔλεος in Plato’s Philosophy(Wydawnictwo KUL, 2022) Eslava-Bejarano, SantiagoThis article examines Plato’s remarks on compassion to show that his apparent rejection of this emotion is, in fact, a rejection of a kind of ill-founded compassion. In the first section, I argue that his criticisms in the Apology and the Republic are not directed to compassion per se, but to instances in which this emotion betrays false beliefs and is felt in improper contexts. Thus, Plato’s criticisms leave room for an appropriate type of pity that should be grounded on true beliefs about harm, virtue, and justice. In the second section, I address Plato’s remarks on compassion in the Gorgias and the Laws, where he asserts that it should be felt towards the unpunished wrongdoer. I argue that such a disposition to feel compassion appropriately - which I have called a “noble compassion”, akin to the “noble anger” (θυμός γενναῖος) present in the Laws – is an important feature of the character of an ideal citizen. Thus, for Plato, compassion could contribute to psychological well-being and social order. By inspecting the cognitive and contextual conditions that enable a noble compassion in Platonic philosophy, this article aims to contribute to the study of a crucial emotion both in Greek and Christian philosophy.
- ItemA Parent Company’s Liability for Anti-Monopoly Damages to its Subsidiary’s Creditors Considering the New Regulations of Corporate Groups(Wydawnictwo KUL, 2022) Wieczerzyńska, BeataThe operations of a corporate group managed by a parent and guided by a shared strategy and interests of the group may in some cases cause damage to a subsidiary’s creditors. This study will in particular focus on the liability towards creditors for anti-monopoly damages caused by a breach of competition laws and not resulting from the binding orders of a parent company to its subsidiary. It is especially important to establish if and possibly how a parent’s liability arises for antimonopoly damages to its subsidiary’s creditors where it’s not related to a binding order, considering the special regulations of liability for damages caused by breaches of competition laws in the context of the new regulations of corporate groups.
- ItemA Preliminary Bibliography of Polish Publications Concerning the Dead Sea Scrolls (from 1947 to the Spring of 2022)(Wydawnictwo KUL, 2023) Klukowski, MichałThis publication presents a preliminary bibliography of material on the Dead Sea Scrolls for the years 1947–2022 (spring), which includes only Polish authors’ works which were published. The bibliography has been divided into four parts. The first part gives a list of recent Polish bibliographies, the second one contains monographs and collective works, the third one comprises book chapters and articles appearing in collective works, and the fourth part – papers published in periodicals. The entire work is preceded by a list of abbreviations.
- ItemA Priestly Perspective on the Representation of History in the "Praise of the Ancestors" (Sir 44–49)(Wydawnictwo KUL, 2023) Pudełko, Jolanta JudytaThe article aims to synthetically present the idea of priesthood in the Praise of the Ancestors (Sir 44–49), a text that contains a theological reflection and description of selected characters in the biblical story from the point of view of a sage living at the turn of the 3rd-2nd centuries BC. First, the successive stages of history depicted by Ben Sira and their possible connections to priesthood are outlined. Then, priesthood as viewed by Ben Sira was presented using specific examples of individuals known from the history of biblical Israel (Aaron, Phinehas, David, Samuel, Joshua son of Jehozadak). However, kings from the Davidic dynasty no longer reigned after the Babylonian exile, even though the sage compares the governor Zerubbabel, who came from the House of David, with the high priest Joshua, son of Jehozadak. The sign of the covenant, however, remained the high priest. Anonymous references to women in the Praise of the Ancestors also feature references to the reality of the cult. Closing the Praise of the Ancestors, Adam is a type of priest that foreshadows the story’s culmination in the description of the high priest Simon II (Sir 50:1–21). The priesthood in Ben Sira’s view is the keystone that connects the past to the present.